Nothing makes it feel more like autumn than an acorn squash and roasted everything! The crispy chickpeas combined with the soft squash is an killer combo.
This simple recipe is super easy to whip up on a week night & the flavor wont leave you disappointed after a long day at work! It’s also a very forgiving recipe, so if you don’t have feta then you can sub parmesan… don’t have parsley? use spinach!
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 can chickpeas
- olive oil (for roasting)
- seasoning: salt, pepper, paprika
- ½ cup parsley leafs
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium yellow tomato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut acorn squash in half, remove seeds & drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay both halves on a baking sheet, open side down.
- On the same baking sheet spread out the chickpeas & coat them in olive oil, salt, pepper & paprika. Roast everything for ~ 30 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven once the squash is cooked through & the chickpeas are crispy. Depending on how large your acorn squash is, you might need to cook it a bit longer (so remove the chickpeas from the baking sheet & let the squash sit in the oven for 10-15 more minute)
- In a large bowl toss the roasted chickpeas with parsley leafs, feta cheese, avocado, yellow tomato, honey, pepitas & hemp seeds.
- Transfer the mixture into the acorn squash, sprinkle some salt and pepper & you're done!