There’s a special place in my heart for Mexican / Tex-Mex food. Tacos, salsa, jalepeños, margaritas, rice & beans … all of it … so good. Enchiladas had never been my go-to when I was craving Mexican, but after a recent trip to Loco Taqueria they were brought back onto my radar. This dish is quite simple and simply delicious!
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chipotle pepper (canned on adobo sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- ~1.5 cups pepper jack cheese - shredded
- ~2 cups cooked chicken breasts - shredded
- ~2 cups sautéed mushrooms
- ~2 cups spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the sauce, pulse everything in a food processor until smooth. In a baking tray, spread 2-4 Tablespoons of the sauce on the bottom
- Assemble the dish my placing a few tablespoons of the sauce in each tortilla, followed by some chicken, mushrooms, spinach and cheese. Roll them up & place seam side down. Cover with another cup of sauce, cheese and jalepeno slices.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then remove & top with cilantro. Enjoy!