Can you tell that I have been on a soup kick lately??
This cheesy green pasta soup is straight up comfort food … but you still get your greens! The soup itself is thick, cheesy and flavorful, and the pasta adds some great body to the vegetable based soup.
This recipes is extremely flexible, and you can adapt it to what you already have in your fridge. Sub sweet potatoes for butternut squash, regular potato or acorn squash. Use your favorite cheese … mozzarella, pepper jack, etc. Instead of peas, you can use edamame!
- 3-4 cups diced sweet potatoes - steamed
- 1.5 cups green peas - steamed
- 3 huge handfuls spinach
- ½ red onion - sautéed ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 4 cups broth
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 cup cheese - Montgomery jack + cheddar blend
- 1 tsp salt ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½ cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup sautéed green peas
- freshly grated parmesan
- Blend all of the soup ingredients in a high speed blender on high for 5-6 minutes (or using 'soup' setting on a vitamix ). Pour straight into a bowls & mix in pasta + green peas into each bowl. Top with fresh parmesan and sprouts