The ultimate meal, is when all of the ingredients have melted together & you can get every flavor in 1 bite!
This cheesy eggy sweet potato black bean hash is the most ideal (and easiest to make) brunch. All I want on a lazy morning is warm potatoes, eggs and cheese (lots of cheese). I love making brunch at home, becuase I can put EVERYTHING that I want into it & eat in my PJ’s.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet potato - pealed and diced
- 2 cups bussels sprouts - halved
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of rinsed black beans
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- handful of arugula
- ½ avocado - sliced
- 2 tbsp pesto
- a pinch of sprouts
- 2 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning.
- In a large pan, heat a few tbsp of olive oil on low. Add the sweet potato and brussels sprouts, and let them cook on low (moving them around occasionally) until the sweet potato has softened.
- Add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat until sweet potatoes and brussels start to brown.
- Add beans, pepper jack cheese and arugula, then make 3-4 few small holes in the veggie mixture for eggs. Crack the eggs into the holes and cook until the whites have set.
- Divide between 2 plates and top with avocado, pesto, sprouts and everything but the bagel seasoning.