These little Veggie egg nests SHOULD be the star of your next brunch.
I love the runny yolk and crispy veggie combo in these carrot zucchini egg nests. To make a brunch full spread, you can serve these with just about any other classic savory breakfast item… potato hash, fresh bread, bacon, avocados, tomatoes, savory waffles, sweet potato fries, etc.
Making these just got 50% easier since they’re selling pre-spiralized veggies in the grocery store now. No spiralizer necessary! To whip these up, all you have to do is crack an egg into your sautéed veggies & you’re good to go. So you don’t even have to wait until the weekend to try these out, you can make them tomorrow morning before work.
Pro tip: If you’re crunched for time, you can be productive while your breakfast is cooking. For example, while the eggs are cooking you can … empty the dishwasher, put on your makeup or pack your lunch (just make sure you set the heat to low so you don’t burn your eggs)!
- 1 zucchini - spirlaized
- 2 carrots - shaved (using a potato peeler)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper & everything bagel seasoning
- Heat a pan over medium heat & add the spiralized zucchini, shaved carrots and olive oil. Toss them around in the pan to make sure the olive oil is spread around evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Let them sit for 4-6 minutes.
- Swirl the veggies into little nests using a fork (as if you were swirling spaghetti) and leave a hole in the middle.
- Decrease the heat to low. Crack an egg into the hole, sprinkle 'everything bagel' seasoning & wait for the whites to cook. Transfer to plate using a spatula & serve warm!