As the weather gets colder and colder, I’m craving warmer and cozier foods. Carrot ginger is a winner combination since it has some heartiness to it while giving you some spice from that ginger! This recipe is so simple to make for yourself or when entertaining a crowd. Toast some fresh bread, sprinkle some nuts on top & you’re done!
On a separate note, I recently invested in a vitamix that has a ‘soup’ setting which heats the mixture as it blends, so I just HAD to try that out.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 5 large carrots - steamed
- 1 sweet potato - steamed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice- a few leaves of fresh basil
- coconut yogurt
- hemp seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender & blend for 5 minutes (If you have a vitamix, use the soup setting). If you are using a normal blender, then heat the blended soup on the stove top to your desired temperature.
- Divide the soup between bowls & drizzle coconut yogurt, then sprinkle pepitas and hemp seeds.