Soup for dinner!
Made this butternut squash chickpea soup with this and that from my pantry – sometimes the best meals are totally unplanned!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion- diced
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cup frozen veggie mix (carrots, corn, string beans, etc)
- 1 can chickpeas - rinsed
- 2 huge handfuls chopped kale
- Fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add the onions and cook until fragrant.
- Add the squash, seasoning, bay leafs, salt and broth. Mix together, cover and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen pees and frozen veggie mix. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until thawed.
- Add the chickpeas and kale, then cook until the kale has wilted.
- Remove bay leaves and enjoy with fresh parsely on top!