t’s just toooo hot to be drinking anything except for an alcoholic slushie, am I right? This past weekend it was 96 F (yikes), and I had a few girl friends over for an early birthday celebration- eep!
The best part about this recipe, is that once you’ve served each drink there is more than enough alcoholic papaya soft serve for you to each on it’s own. But, make sure to do this in a place where your guests won’t see you, otherwise they will try to join you.
Boozy Berry Slushie
- 1 cup Blueberry Juice (you can also use cranberry or pomegranate)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mangos
- ½ cup rum
Alcoholic Papaya Sorbet
- 2 cups frozen papaya
- 1 cup frozen ma- ngo
- ½ cup triple sec
- Mix all of the slushie ingredients in a blender until smooth, put mixture back into a freezer while you make the sorbet. If you want you drink really thick, use a little less juice. If you don’t want our drink super thick, use more liquid.
- For the sorbet, let the fruit thaw for about 5 minutes, then blend until smooth.
- Divide the slushie mixture between 4 cups. Spoon the sorbet to float on top of the slushie. Enjoy!