Skip the sweet oatmeal and try this delicious cheesy, eggy savory oatmeal!
This bone broth savory oatmeal with a poached egg is exactly what you need to kick start a great day. You make them just the same way you’d make sweet oats except that you cook them with bone broth and top them with all of your favorite garnishes like black beans, tomatoes and cheese. The runny yolk is key to tying all of the flavors together in this hearty bowl!
This recipe is super flexible, so you can use anything you have on hand. Don’t have any tomatoes? Use some avocado!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup bone broth
- ¼ tsp of each: salt, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of rinsed black beans
- 2 tbsp of pepper jack cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sautéed spinach
- 2 radishes
- 1 poached egg
- 1 tsp 'everything but the bagel' seasoning
- Cook the rolled oats with the bone broth on the stove top (over medium heat), stirring occasionally. Add salt, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes. Once almost all of the broth is absorbed, add black beans. Fold them into the oats & remove from heat once all of the broth is absorbed.
- Fold in 1 tbsp of the pepper jack cheese & transfer to a bowl.
- Top the oats off with sliced raw cherry tomatoes, sautéed spinach, sliced radishes, a poached egg, the remaining pepper jack and 'everything but the bagel' seasoning