All of the fall vibes!
I still have an insane number of apples from last weekends trip to the apple farm, so I’ve been making apple-flavored everything. This apple spiced banana bread is by far my fave.
This loaf turned out so moist, slightly sweet and full of fall flavors.
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can sub for oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup mashed, overripe banana
- ½ cup yogurt, greek or almond
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 apple - diced , plus more apple slices for topping
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing. Fold in the diced apple. Transfer batter to a lined baking tin & top with sliced apples. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes ( or until a toothpick comes out clean)