The only way to do Cinco De Mayo is with homemade tortillas!
While Brian was on tortilla duty, I filled them with fresh veggies, a spicy sauce and wholesome grains to make chipotle quinoa bean tacos! These are fresh, spicy and so filled with flavor are perfect an easy for a summer night.
Serves: 6-8 tacos
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked tri color quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 tbsp chili lime seasoning (from Trader Joes)
- 1 avocado - sliced
- ¼ red onion - sliced green onion
- 2 radishes-sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- pinch of black sesame seeds.
Spicy cream sauce
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Toss the cooked quinoa and black beans in chili lime seasoning & set aside.
- Make the spicy cream sauce by blending the yogurt and chipotle peppers in a food processor & set aside.
- Assemble taco by spreading the spicy cream sauce on each tortilla, then stack the quinoa and bean mixture, avocado, radishes, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese and sesame seed.