I love a good dessert inspired breakfast…
Cozy mornings are my favorite & I love making this pecan pie oatmeal, it’s full of fall flavors and remind me of one of my favorite desserts. Below is the stove top recipe which makes the fluffiest oats, but if you don’t have the time, you can make it in the microwave or do overnight oats, then add the toppings!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 4 medjool dates
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (plus more for topping)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 2 digestive cookies (or graham crackers)
- Combine the rolled oats and water, let sit for 10 minutes (optional, but makes for creamier, fluffier oats). I like to do this in the pot, so that I don't dirty more bowls.
- Add in the milk and cook everything in a pot over medium low heat. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Chop the pitted dates and pecans into small pieces and add them in to the oatmeal. Stir in the maple syrup. Once nice and fluffy, split the oatmeal between 2 bowls.
- Top with more pecans and maple syrup. Crush and crumble your digestive cookie or Graham cracker & add to your bowls