One of these + an oat milk latte is heaven on a rainy gloomy day like today
These granola cake bars are pillowy and soft with chunks of granola every so often. They’re like an intersection of cake, banana bread and a soft granola bar — yuum.
Granola Cake Bars
Servings: 12 bars
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 overripe bananas
- ½ cup soy yogurt – plain or vanilla
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola (I used a chocolate strawberry granola which worked great)
- 2 tsp dried edible flowers (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another small bowl, add the banana & mash. Add in the yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Now mix in the granola (but reserve a small handful).
- Transfer to a line baking tin (I used a 9 inch circle). Sprinkle the rest of the granola on top. Bake for 50 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Sprinkle with dried edible flowers & slice