Such a fun snack or breakfast or dessert.
These chocolate coated energy balls are a perfect combination of chewiness in the soft center and crunchy with the hard sweet chocolate exterior. Oh, and there’s only 6 ingredients including cinnamon and vanilla ~ easy peasy.
Chocolate Coated Energy Balls
Servings: 12 balls
- 1 cup super soft medjool dates – pitted
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 bars vegan dark chocolate
- In a food processor, pulse the dates until a big gooey ball has formed. Add everything else to the food processor except for the chocolate & process until combined (you may have to scrape down the sides a bit). For balls as big or small as you want ( I like to make a few huge ones and a few small ones, so that I have choices depending on how hungry I am later).
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate (or microwave in 30 second intervals). Dip each ball in the chocolate (you can sprinkle each with salt if that's your thing). Stick them in the fridge and let the chocolate harden & enjoy!