The best part about this loaf is the balance or soft and crunchy.
I am obsessed with how this crunchy almond chocolate chunk banana bread turned out, so soft and fluffy & subtly sweet with delicious chunks of almond and chocolate.
Crunchy Almond Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup overripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup plant based yogurt (I used soy)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bar vegan dark chocolate – chopped into chunks
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit & line a bread loaf with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate and almonds (reserving some for topping)
- Transfer batter to a lined baking tin & top with the rest of the chocolate and almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool before cutting.