Here’s what i make when i get an enormous zucchini from the farmers market
You’ve got to try these “cheesy” zucchini cakes this weekend! I whipped these up for dinner with a bit of hummus and a side salad, but they would be just as good for breakfast with some scrambled tofu.
The almonds in here really make a difference, they add some flavor and texture.
“Cheesy” Zucchini Cakes
- 750 g zucchini – grated
- 1 cup all purpose flour (can sub almond)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp crushed almonds
- ¼ cup spring onion – chopped
- sesame seeds
- more spring onion
- olive oil
- Grate the zucchini, then using a kitchen towel squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Combine the zucchini and all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into patties and cook in olive oil in a pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Then transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy warm with spring onion, sesame seeds and olive oil on top and hummus on the side!