My new favorite snack right here.
These freeze dried strawberry peanut butter stuffed medjool dates are my favorite afternoon snack at the moment. The combination of chew, gooey, crunchy and smooth just makes for the most satisfying bite. I’ve also been making a bunch of these and bringing them to dinner parties as a little dessert bite – people have been loving that.
Strawberry Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Medjool Dates
- 8 big medjool dates – the softer the better
- 8 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks (chips or a crushed bar work)
- ¼ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tbsp flakey sea salt
- Remove the pit for each date, then fill each one with a tablespoon of peanut butter
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals for 2 minutes, stirring in between. Once liquid, dip each stuffed date in the chocolate halfway. Put the dipped dates on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Crush the freeze dried strawberries into small pieces, then sprinkle the dates with the strawberry pieces. Finish them off by sprinkling each with sea salt. Let the chocolate harden (you can speed this up by sticking them in the refrigerator).