Hello sun dried tomatoes, Hello flavor!
I’m so excited to char this sun-dried tomato gemelli and roasted vegetables recipe with you… this meal was such a hit because it’s packed with so much flavor from those sun-dried tomatoes.
Sun-dried Tomato Gemelli and Roasted Vegetables
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 zucchinis – cut into half moons
- 2 bell peppers – sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 cans chickpeas – drained
- 1 bunch broccolini
Sun dried tomato paste
- 5 ounces sun dried tomatoes – i used the kind that are soaked in olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 16 oz gemelli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz dice tomatoes – canne dor fresh
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ cup fresh basil – chopped
- ¾ cup pasta water
- First toss all of the 'roasted vegetable' ingredients & bake on a lined sheet at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Add all of the 'sun dried tomato paste' ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Cook the gemelli al dente, reserving ~1 cup of pasta water. Set aside pasta in a strainer.
- In the same pot you cooked the pasta in, heat the olive oil and add the sun-dried tomato paste. Then add in the diced tomatoes, salt, basil & lemon zest. Cook until fragrant. Add in the cooked pasta and stir, add in pasta water as needed. Mix in the roasted veggies and serve!