I love a simple recipe that packs the flavor in.
I could eat these simple tomatoes stewed beans for breakfast lunch and dinner. They give me big Shakshuka vibes, and I’m loving that! Also, I bet you already have all of the ingredients to make this in your cupboard. I used kidney beans, but you could sub it for white beans or something else you might have. I had the beans on toast for breakfast, but you could easily serve this as a side or in a bowl with some rice or quinoa!
Simple Tomato Stewed Beans
- ¼ onion – diced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- salt to taste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes – canned or fresh
- ½ cup kidney beans
- 2 slices toast
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp curly parsley – chopped
- Start by heating the olive oil in a small pot over medium heat, then add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Now add all of the spices and cook until fragrant. Next add in the tomatoes and beans stirring well. Cook for at least five minutes until all of the liquid has cooked off and the mixture is nice and thick.
- Transfer into your toast and sprinkle curly parsley and hemp seeds on top!