Love it when breakfast tastes like dessert!
This pecan pie banana bread is so so good. This has got to be a new favorite of mine…not too sweet and a little sticky just like pecan pie! The sticky pecan swirl is what makes this just that much better. Having a slice of this with a cappuccino will be dream on earth.
Pecan Pie Banana Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can sub for oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup overripe banana -mashed
- ½ cup soy yogurt – plain (or vanilla)
- ¼ cup almond buter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil – melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (can sub cane sugar)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing. If it feels too thick, add a little extra milk. Transfer batter to a lined baking tin.
- In another small bowl mix the pecan swirl ingredients together until well combined. Spoon this mixture onto the banana bread mixture and then swirl it together carefully (do not combine mixtures).
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)