Name a better comfort food…
Chili wins every time – especially purple sweet potato chili! Hearty, nourishing and a little spicy. Who wants a bowl of this?!
Purple Sweet Potato Chili
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 large purple sweet potatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes (more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- 1 14-oz can black beans - drained
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas - drained
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Add the oil, onion, garlic, taco and chili seasoning to a large pot over medium heat until the onion is translucent. Add in the sweet potato, lime juice, chili flakes and veggie broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer. Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are just cooked through, about 15 minutes (poke the with a fork to check if they are cooked).
- Add the beans, then combine. Add one tbsp of corn flour at a time to thicken the chili, until you’ve reached your desired thickness.
- Serve topped with coconut yogurt, greens and more chili flakes if you wish.