It’s basically like a healthy nutella bread!
Vegan chocolate hazelnut banana bread ~ This loaf turned out PERFECT! Slightly sweet, soft and a little crunchy. This was gone in our house in no time. We loved it for breakfast, snacks and dessert!
Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (can sub oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup overripe banana – mashed
- ½ cup yogurt (I used soy)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 bar vegan dark chocolate – chopped into chunks
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit & line a bread loaf with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate and hazelnuts (reserving some for topping)
- Transfer batter to a lined baking tin & top with the rest of the chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool before cutting.