Crispy sweet potato skins, soft on the inside & stuffed with all the best Mexican inspired flavors!
These Tex mex stuffed sweet potatoes are such a crowd pleaser. They’re the easiest thing to whip up & everybody loves them. They’re also made with such simple ingredients, including Pomi 100% natural, garden ripe Italian tomatoes! Real & simple ingredients make for the best meals.
Tex Mex Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potato
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 can black bens - drained
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded vegan pepper jack cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 325 F
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, then coat them with 4 tbsp olive oil and salt. Transfer to a lined baking tray with the cut side facing down. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip & cook for another 15-20 minutes (or until nice and soft on the inside).
- While those are cooking, add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to a large pot or pan with the onion. Cook until fragrant, then add the tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes, then add the black beans, cilantro, garlic powder and salt to taste. Combine everything and cook until the corn has thawed (if using frozen corn), or about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, have them all facing cut-side up & scoop out about 2-4 tbsp of sweet potato (save this for a sandwich or something!). You should have a little hole in each sweet potato half, now fill it with the bean & corn mixture. Sprinkle each with pepper jack cheese as stick them back in the oven until the cheese has melted (about 5-7 minutes).