Can’t think of a cozier meal.
Roasted carrot curry with veggie balls! Just the cozy meal I needed on a chilly night.
I always feel like making curry takes forever, but this recipe was actually suuuper easy! Plus, using frozen meatballs keeps things simple (these are from Ikea).
Roasted Carrot Curry with Veggie Balls
Servings: 2 servings
- 5 carrots - chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 10-15 frozen veggie meatballs (I got these from the IKEA grocery sore)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro - roughly chopped
- ½ cup green onion - chopped
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil & sauté the carrots for a few minutes. Add the onions and garlic & cook until fragrant. Add the broth, curry paste, turmeric and coriander. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Transfer everything to a high speed blender, add the yogurt & whiz together!
- In the same pan add the veggie meatballs & heat the up until thawed (add more oil if needed).
- Pour the curry mixture back into the pan with the meatballs & add cilantro and green onions!
- Serve over brown rice.