Chocolate for breakfast? Any day.
This bowl of nutty chocolate oats is guaranteed to make your day that much better. The trick to the fluffiest, creamiest oats is soaking them, then cooking them on the lowest heat.
Nutty Chocolate Oats
Servings: 1 serving
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ banana - sliced
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts - slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chunks
- Soak rolled oats in water for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a pot, add almond milk and cook over low heat.
- Add cocoa, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir everything together and cook until thick.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with peanut butter, banana, chocolate chips and hazelnuts