All of the fall vibes!
I still have an insane number of apples from last weekends trip to the apple farm, so I’ve been making apple-flavored everything. This apple spiced banana bread is by far my favorite.
This loaf turned out so moist, slightly sweet and full of fall flavors. The apple sliced on top add such a nice flavor and texture.
Apple Spiced Banana Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can sub oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup overripe banana - mashed
- ½ cup almond yogurt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ apple
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Dice 1 apple and fold them into the mixture. Transfer batter to a lined baking tin. Take the other ½ apple and slice it super thin. Top the banana bread with sliced apples. Bake for 30-40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).