A super simple, yet vibrant curry bowl!
A bowl of cauliflower chickpea curry spice soup is just what I need on a crips fall night! A quick nourishing vegan bowl to throw together, serve with some rice – delish!
Easy Curry Spice Cauliflower Chickpea Soup
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp masala
- 1½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 7 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cauliflower head – cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas – rinsed
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cup spinach
- Cook rice by bringing 2-1/4 cups water to a boil, then add the rice & cover. Simmer for 45 minutes, then take off heat & keep covered for another 15 minutes.
- For the soup, add the olive oil, onion, garlic & ginger until fragrant. Add the coriander, masala, turmeric, salt and chili flakes, cook for another few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and broth & bring to a boil for a few minutes. Add the cauliflower & chickpeas, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the peas & cook until the cauliflower has softened (about 3-5 minutes). Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Scoop some rice & curry into a bowl, then top off with torn fresh herbs.