My new favorite snack!
Raspberry chia jam filled almond date balls! That was a mouthful! These little chewy & gooey bites remind me of jelly filled donuts and cookie dough at the same time… Except they’re made with dates, almonds, raspberries and chia seeds
Raspberry Chia Jam Filled Almond Date Balls
Servings: 18 balls
Raspberry chia jam
- 4 cups raspberries - frozen or fresh
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup - optional
Almond date balls
- 1 cup medjool dates - pitted
- 1 cup almonds (can sub cashews or peanuts)
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- For the jam, bring everything to a boil in a small pot & stir until the berries have broken down & the mixture starts to thicken. Transfer to a sterilized jar & refrigerate for a few hours to thicken.
- For the balls, process the dates in the food processor until they’ve been combined (about 1 minute), then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the almonds & almond flour to the food processor, then pulse until combined ( about 30 seconds).
- Add the dates back into the food processor and process again until combined. This will take 5-10 minutes, and if clumps of the mixture get stuck, then scrap down the edges & move it around manually.
- Once everything had combined & the mixture is soft and gooey, scoop about 1 tbsp out & roll into balls.
- Using your finger tip, create a hole in the middle of the ball, then fill with a bit of chia jam. Pinch the hole shut & roll back up!