This plant powered lunch is sure to hit the spot.
A little but of everything good in this super simple Hippie Lunch Bowl! Mushrooms, chickpeas and potatoes seem to make this beautiful harmony when mixed together. You can prep this in advanced and bring it to work in a Tupperware, just make sure to put the softer, juicier ingredients at the bottom & the crisp, dry ingredients on top! Then shake it all together at lunch time.
Hippie Lunch Bowl
- 1 cup potato wedges
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 1 cup wild mushrooms
- 6 pieces falafel (I used store bought)
- 2 cup mixed greens
- 3 small radishes – cut into thin rounds
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 carrot – thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the potato wedges in 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and salt to taste. Place them in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the potatoes cook, sauté the mushrooms in olive oil & salt over medium heat, until wilted – about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool a bit.
- In that same hot pan, heat the store-bough falafel until hot and crispy.
- Prep all the veggies, and start to build your bowl. Divide the greens, radishes, sun-dried tomatoes, sprouts and carrots between 2 bowls. Add in the roasted potato wedges, mushrooms, and falafel. Finish off with balsamic vinegar and hummus!