Ice cream sandwiches for breakfast?! Yes please!
These nice cream and raw cookie sandwiches are vegan, raw, and gluten, dairy + sugar free – vanilla nice cream squished between 2 raw cookies! Healthy enough to eat for breakfast, Woohoo!
Nice Cream and Raw Cookie Sandwiches
Servings: 10 sandwhiches
- 1 cup medjool dates - pitted
- 1 cup almonds
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower (optional)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- To make the raw cookies, process the dates in the food processor until they’ve been combined, then transfer to a bowl and set aside. Pulse the almonds in the food processor until broken up into small bits, add the almond flour and cocoa, then pulse until combined. Add the dates back in and process until combined (this will take a few minutes).
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper & transfer mixture onto it, then lay another piece of parchment paper on top. Roll out the mixture using a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick. Cut mixture with a cookie cutter, then refrigerate cookies for an hour or more.
- To make the nice cream, blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Once combined, stir in 2 tbsp cocoa powder with a spoon. Scoop the nice cream between 2 raw cookies! (I refreeze the leftover nice cream for future nice cream sandwiches) !