Sunday’s are for sushi making.
I don’t make sushi too often, but when I do I remember how fun and easy it is. I like to make it with tofu so I don’t have to fuss with getting super fresh raw fish (which is also delicious). This recipe is super easy & super tasty.
Tofu Sweet Potato Sushi
Servings: 4 rolls
- 10 oz tofu
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to tast
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 4 large nori sheet
- 1 sweet potato - steamed
- ½ cup roasted red pepper sauce (homemade or from Trader Joe's)
- ½ cup avocado - cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot - cut into thin strips
- ½ cucumber - cut into thin strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper - cut into thin strips
- Cut the tofu into thin, long strips, then season with sesame oil, salt and pepper. Cook in a pan over medium-high heat. Flip the tofu after a few minutes (or until golden brown). Cook on both sides, then set aside.
- To assemble the sushi, use your hands (dipped in water), pat a thin layer of rice all over the nori and leave a 1 inch strip without rice at one end.
- Then arrange the veggie and tofu filling in a line on the opposite side where you left nori without rice. With a brush, wet the strip of nori that is not covered in rice.