Talk about a comforting meal …
These butternut squash chickpea lentils are the best hearty warm meal! This one-pot dish is soo flavorful & deeeelish. I love eating it plain, or with some rice / bread on the side. Yuuuum.
The ingredients listed will make the lentils so that there’s a bit of broth leftover, making it like a super thick soup. If you want it more soupy, add more broth… or if you want it less soupy, then only add 4 cups!
This recipe makes a HUGE batch, so I’m packing this for lunch all week.
Butternut Squash Chickpea Lentils
- 4 carrots
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups dry lentils
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 can organic corn - drained
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls spinach
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- In a large pot over high heat add the carrots, butternut squash, garlic, broth, basil, oregano, curry powder and salt. Bring to a boil & then let simmer for 20 minutes (or until the carrots are soft). Blend everything with an immersion blender.
- Then, add the lentils & cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet corn, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir everything together and cook for another 10-20 minutes (or until the lentils are cooked).
- Fold in the spinach & serve with green onions on top!