Step up that breakfast bowl with this lovely swirl
This sweet potato banana yogurt swirl is the best of both worlds… It’s a smoothie and a breakfast bowl! The sweet potato and banana add such a nice subtle sweetness. The consistency of the smoothie pairs so well with the creamy yogurt, it’s a match made in heaven.
I always buy plain soy yogurt and then add any flavor additions or sweeteners myself, this way i can control the flavor a little better. I also love making my yogurts flavor combos to be my own.
Sweet Potato Banana Yogurt Swirl
- 1 sweet potato (steamed, skin removed, then frozen)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups plain yogurt (i used soy yogurt)
- your favorite nuts and seeds
- To make the smoothie, blend the sweet potato, banana and almond milk together. If it is too thick, add more almond milk.
- To assemble, divide the yogurt between 2 bowls, then divide the smoothie pouring it on top of the yogurt. Swirl it all together, then top the bowls with nuts and seeds.