Am I the only one who loves Thanksgiving sides more than the turkey? Maybe?
Well, I made this sweet potato squash corn soup a few days in advanced to save time on Thursday. It’s super super easy to throw together, because all you really have to do is chop some veggies.
The fall flavors in this bowl pair well with just about any thanksgiving entree, so I’m making it as an appetizer for the big feast! And since I doubled the recipe, I’ll have plenty of leftover for the following week.
You can get fancy with the toppings here, I just used cilantro, pepitas and vegan parm, but you can add some vegan sour cream or a drizzle of olive oil!
Sweet Potato Squash Corn Soup
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 3 cups diced sweet potato
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- vegan parmesan cheese
- Put everything in a large pot over medium low heat & let simmer for 45 min – 1 hour (or until veggies are nice and soft).
- Pour everything into a blender (or use an immersion blender) & blend for 5-7 minutes. Serve and top with cilantro, pepitas and vegan parmesan.