This is definitely my new favorite breakfast.
These ‘Everything in the Fridge’ Savory Oats seriously have a little bit of everything in them. Luckily, they’re super versatile, so you can make the with everything in YOUR fridge. If you don’t have pesto, then you can add double as much hummus. I put an egg on top for family members who wanted that!
Whatever your topping are, these oats are wonderfully creamy and hearty. The perfect breakfast in my books!
‘Everything in the Fridge’ Savory Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1½ cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup steamed edamame
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- handful of spinach
- avocado -sliced
- spicy hummus
- everything bagel seasoning
- leftover roasted sweet potato
- Other fun topping could be sprout, vegan feta, or eggs like I did for my family
- Cook rolled oats with milk, garlic powder, cilantro, red pepper flakes, olive oil, edamame and nutritional yeast for 15 minutes, stirring often. One it’s about half way done, fold in spinach.
- Transfer to 2 bowls once the oats have absorbed all of the milk and are nice and creamy.
- Top each with avocado, pesto, spicy hummus, and any other toppings that sound good.