This soup brings me back to skiing as a kid. I would run into the lode and get a big ol bowl of warm soup to warm up my frozen hands hand face.
Whether you’ve just been out skiing or cooking dinner at home after a cozy day, this white bean vegetable soup is wonderfully hearty and has so many wholesome ingredients. I love snuggling up with a big bowl of this and some freshly toasted bread.
White Bean Vegetable Soup
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup celery – chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower – chopped into florets
- 1 cup carrots – chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 red onion – cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups white beans - rinsed
- 4 stalks thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- vegan parmesan
- In a large pot add the cauliflower, celery, carrots, red onion and olive oil. Saute over medium heat until the veggies soften and start to get slightly brown.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, vegetable broth, white beans, thyme and bay leaves. Let cook for ~30 minutes stirring periodically. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Remove the bay leafs and thyme stalks. With a hand blender, blend the soup for about 45 second to blend only some of the content (keeping it chunky).
- Scoop the soup into 3-4 bowls and add toppings.