Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I’m on salad duty!
This apple pomegranate quinoa salad is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving feast. It has sweet notes that will contrast all of the savory entrees at the table, it has some crunch from the nuts, and the quinoa gives it some body.
The last thing you want to be worrying about on thanksgiving morning is a salad, so you need something low-maintenance. You can cook the quinoa days before, then toss it with all of the other ingredients (except the apple and greens) and store it in a Tupperware. Minutes before the feast, toss it in dressing, greens and with the sliced apple.
This salad is also great for any regular lunch or dinner, the servings shown in the recipe would be enough for 2 entrees and you could always add some chicken breast (or leftover turkey) for a fully rounded meal.
Apple Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- 2 cup mixed greens
- 1 apple - cut into thin slices
- 3 radishes - sliced
- ½ english cucumber - sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup vegan feta (optional)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup almonds 0chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette (or your favorite balsamic based dressing)
- Simply toss everything together in a large bowl & serve! (If prepping the night before, wait to toss the dressing until before serving)