Just BECAUSE summer is over doesn’t mean tacos are over!
These seasonal chipotle squash tacos are smokey, warming and so comforting. We even made them on homemade corn tortillas, which is (in my opinion) a must for an incredible taco. The tortillas are covered in jalapeño cream cheese, which gives the whole taco an awesome creamy touch to offset the veggies. Then, they’re topped of with a refreshing cilantro lime sauce to tie everything together.
These tacos are easy to whip up, so get your friends together to help you cook while mostly just munchin’ on some guac and tortilla chips!
Chipotle Squash Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 2 small honey nut squash
- 1 head broccoli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Cilantro lime sauce
- 1 avocado
- juice or 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- handful cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- 8 tsp plant based cream cheese (I used a jalapeño flavored one from Kite Hill)
- fresh cilantro
- hemp seeds
- To prepare the veggies, cut up the squash and broccoli, then drizzle with olive oil. Take the chipotle peppers & break it up with you hands, then spread it all over the veggies (make sue to get a good amount of adobo sauce on there). Roast for 30 minutes at 375, then turn it up to 400 for another 10 minutes.
- Blend together all of the ingredients for the cilantro lime sauce
- To assemble, spread cream cheese on warm tortillas, add the veggies, drizzle cilantro lime sauce, then finish it off with some cilantro and hemp seeds!