Mamma was visiting this week so naturally I made us some fun berry smoothie bowls for breakfast, but I was wondering if I could sneak a vegetable in there without her noticing.
After eating I asked “would you believe me if I told you that there was a vegetable in that bowl?”. She was shocked, I had her guessing everything from leafy greens to avocados! So there you have it.. sneak some frozen veggies (cauliflower, zucchini, spinach, avocado, sweet potato) along with your fruits in your smoothies for great flavor added health benefits!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons acai powder
- 1 serving collagen powder
- a bit of almond milk (add until you get the consistency you want)
- coconut flakes
- bee pollen
- hemp seeds
- probiotic yogurt ( I used the Coconut Cult)
- Blend everything together until smooth and thick. You might need to stop a few times to scrape down the edges.
- Transfer smoothie to 2 bowls & add all the toppings you want.