These balls are the peeerfect weekend snack or guilt-free dessert! They’re refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free, and oh sooo tasty !! These are also my go-to when going to somebody’s house for dinner… they make a great little dessert & they have so much love and care packed into them!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate - about 1 bar
- Add coconut flakes and almonds to a blender & blend until it looks kind of like flour. Transfer to a bowl & add maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract, stir until combined.
- Take the mixture and make 1/2 inch balls with your hands (it's ok if they're not round) and place them in the refrigerator for 20+ minutes. Once they're cold, re-form them into balls by pressing in any sharp corners.
- Melt a bar of dark chocolate (broken into pieces) in the microwave for 20 second, take it out & stir, then heat it for another 20 seconds. Repeat this until the chocolate in completely melted. Take the cold balls & submerge then in the chocolate. Remove them using two forks, let all of the excess chocolate run off & place them on a plate or cutting board with some parchment paper. While the chocolate is still soft, top them with coconut flakes and almond chunks.
- Refrigerate until hard (another 20 minutes) and enjoy!!