So excited to share this recipe as these are my current favorite vegan dessert / snack / breakfast! The ingredients are super clean and once you let them thaw for a few minutes it’s the consistency of ice cream. Make em for you family, friends or keep them all for yourself.
Vegan Blueberry Cashew Oat Bars
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil - melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 3 cups soaked cashews (soaked in water for 1+ hour)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup oat flour (homemade or store-bought)
- ¼ cup soaked cashews
- Oats layer: Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until everything mixed together, but still grainy. Line a tin with baking paper & press the mixture evenly into the tin (with a wooden spoon or the bottom of a cup) & pop it in the freezer.
- Mix it all up in a food processor & pour it evenly on top of the oat layer. Freeze for at least 45 minutes.
- Mix it all up in a food processor & pour it evenly on top of the white layer. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer & slice into bars!